Saturday, October 3, 2009

Three Down...Under!

So far, three Amazons have headed off to Oz--TJ, Lori and Char. Although I've only heard from Char so far, so maybe the rest are lost enroute? Hey ladies, let us know how you're doing!

Char's e-mail to all:

So after leaving Wed. at 4:00 pm I have finally arrived in Sydney and now am waiting for our flight up to Townsville, AU....sitting here at the domestic airport that leaves Sydney at 2 pm. all is good....had alot of people that I swear were my guardian angels helping me along the way......sending lots of hugs to everyone.......ttyl mates

CHEERS From,

CHAR...


Next off, I believe, is Kim on October 4, followed by Terra October 6, my entourage (entire family, Mom, Dad, Kelly, Daniel and me) on October 7--although we're spending a day in L.A. on the 6th prior to the big overseas departure.

I'd be getting excited if the whole thing didn't seem surreal--having just moved to a new house and surrounded by boxes, we're confusing ourselves by thinking about packing for Australia before having unpacked most of our household goods. But life is never boring for the Gorneys. We'll just take it in stride. Things will feel real when we get on the plane at 6AM on Tuesday. In the meantime, I have to find some crazy glue to stick the velcro back on to my ankle braces, because I couldn't bring myself to ask Lori to sew them before she left, due to her tight schedule, and my inability to get those smelly things into a washing machine. So glue it will have to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment